June 9, 2017

I am not really sure what happened…I thought I sent an update last week, but realized today that I did not!  I apologize!  I am going to blame it on the “End-of-the-year-teacher-tired-brain,’  even though I am not sure if that’s a thing!  We have a few more days of school, so this blog will be mostly pictures!

No Backpacks next week!!!

We cleaned out our cubbies and desks today.  The students are bringing home a lot of stuff.  They should not need their backpacks next week!

Summer Work:

Your child should have brought home a Reading Challenge last week.  They have their log-in information on the packet to record their hours!  They can earn prizes for reading over the summer, and the school has the opportunity to end up in the Guinness Book of World Records!  Please read over the information, and encourage your child to read over the summer so they can practice the reading skills and be ready for 5th grade.

Summer Reading packet-1e8treb

Today your child will be bringing home a Summer Math Packet in their Friday folder.  If this packet is returned to school the first week we come back – by September 8, 2017, students can earn a pizza lunch with me!  Please encourage your child to complete this packet so they can keep their math minds fresh for 5th grade!

Happy Birthday to the June Birthdays!!!

Boat Trip:  

We had a beautiful day on Lake Erie for our Boat trip!  Thank you to all of the Chaperones that joined us!

Field Day:  

A fun day was had by all!  Even though it was chilly, the kids had a great time soaking themselves with water and playing the other games.  Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped make it such a wonderful day!

Pizza Party:

I would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to Keegan’s mom for volunteering to bring in pizza for lunch!  The kids had a blast eating lunch in the classroom!