About Ms. Higgins

Hello!

My name is Erin Higgins.  I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember!  As a little girl, I used to “play school” with my dolls and stuffed animals.  I even saved things that I could use when I was a teacher.  🙂  To follow my dream, I attended the Eastern Michigan University to earn my Teaching Degree.  I graduated in 2006 with my Bachelors.  In 2010, I went to the University of Michigan – Dearborn to obtain my early childhood endorsement.  In January, I plan to go back to school to begin working on my Master’s Degree.

This year will be my 10th year of teaching, and I am very excited to be part of the Arno Family!  I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher in Allen Park, then I was a Reading Title 1 Teacher in Lincoln Park, and I was also a teacher at Cabrini Elementary School in Allen Park!  I have taught students from Kindergarten through 5th grade, and even a little bit of Middle School-aged students as well!  I love teaching 4th grade, and I can’t wait to make this the best year yet!

Here are some of my favorite things:

• Animals: dogs
  • Color: Purple
  • Store:  Target or Amazon
  • Food:  Chicken Parmesan
  • Drink:  Water and Diet Coke
  • Snack:  Popcorn
  • Book:  The Day the Crayons Quit
  • Subject: Reading (ELA)